Happy publication day Monstrous Little Voices!
3 years ago
The most auspicious of days has finally arrived: Monstrous Little Voices, our collection of five new tales from Shakespeare's fantasy world, is out today.
Our celebration of the Bard, which was comissioned to celebrate 400 years since his death, has been a labour of love for Abaddon editor David Thomas Moore. You can read all about how Monstrous Little Voices in this interview over at Rising Shadow.
David has also been writing about the inspiration behind the collection here at the Abaddon blog, as well as paying tribute to Lisa Jardine, the Shakespeare scholar that inspired his love of the Bard.
Finally, David has written a teaser story that ties into the collection - read "Blessed Candles of the Night" right now for an extra piece in the puzzel that is Monstrous Little Voices.
We've been delighted with the reaction Monstrous Little Voices has been getting, with a four and a half star review from SFX leading the charge:
But that's not all - there have been great reviews across the board:
- "Essential reading" - SF Bluestocking
- "Compulsive and intriguing reading" - SFandF Reviews
- "An excellent achievement" - Lynns Books
- "Entertaining and a lovely way to take Shakespeare’s characters beyond the confines of his plays." -Rose Marie Cawkwell
- "A fun and mad romp" - Eclectic Tales
- "Kudos to all of the authors of this collection, it was a job well done." -Word Gurgle
So there you have it - our superb new collection is out in the wild, waiting for you to snap it up.